Sunday, February 19, 2006

Galloway Gallop 10K

I did the Galloway Gallop in Kemah this morning. They had a 5K and a 10K and I did the 10K. The conditions were awful. 43 degrees or so, windy, and drizzling rain, which mercifully let up just before the start. They announced just before the start that if you had signed up for the 10K but decided mid-race to just do the 5 (due to the conditions) that you could just come on in and they'd count your time for the 5K. My running buddy, Steve S. did just that. He made the call about halfway through the first mile.

I hung on and finished the 10K. I didn't do too bad, considering the conditions but would have liked to go sub-40. I managed a 40:10, 5th overall out of 58, 2nd master, and 1st in my age group. My splits were pretty erratic and I didn't get all of them, as there was no mile 3 or 6 marker.

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Great run- hope ya took home some hardware!

7:17 PM  
Blogger equarles said...

dude, I'm a jerk for not being supportive here all the time. I shoulda commented about the race. I read it twice but didn't comment.
You make me want to run faster. I was thinking about you guys yesterday on my 5-miler, wondering if I could keep up with you.
oh...nice running. keep it up.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Lance Collins said...

Thanks Edwin and Dave. I try. And I'm glad I inspire you Edwin. Keep doing what you're doing. You'll be passing me someday, maybe sooner rather than later!

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home