Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Recovery Run? Yeah, Right!

Met Steve S. and Brian K. for our usual Monday evening run. Given the 14.2 miles that Brian and I did the night before, it was time for an easy, recovery run. Unfortunately, Steve had run all weekend and was thus rarin' to go.

We did two Greatwood loops (7.1 miles total). The first loop was done in 25:58 (7:19 pace), which would be a little on the fast side for recovery pace but still acceptable. But on the second loop we picked it up (for some reason). Steve had the green light from Brian and I to take off whenever he wanted, and he did, about halfway through. But I think that caused Brian and I to instinctively pick things up a bit ourselves. I posted a 24:49 (6:59 pace) on the second loop and was the third guy in. It's actually too bad that Brian or I weren't a little more fresh because Steve was in fine form and might have posted his best two loops ever had one of us been able to pace him.

Total distance = 7.1 miles in 50:47, 7:09 pace.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slight typo. SteveS had not run all weekend and was ready to go. Lance and Brian threw down a good pace on loop 1 and continued to hammer down on loop 2. I figured since they were setting a good pace for me I would not waste it. 28 seconds off my PR for the loop. This was after knocking 10 seconds off my best loop time that I set last Monday. With three 10K's coming up(Galloway Gallop, Rodeo Run, Bayou City Classic) it was time to step it up. I could not have done that by myself and hope to give the boys a good race in the near future.
SteveS

11:32 AM  
Blogger Steve Bezner said...

And I thought that I could keep up with you guys on a recovery run.

After my knee heals I'll make it out there!

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home