Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Okay, That Was Better

After the sluggish run yesterday evening I was hoping to have a little more vim and vigor for the evening training run with Steve S. today. And what the hell is "vim" anyway?

We did 2 Greatwood loops again (7.1 miles total), our standard training run over there. I felt much more energetic and smooth today. My legs kept wanting to go faster but I held them back for the first loop. But even given that it was still a better-than-yesterday 26:28. A little short of midway through the second loop I let the dogs loose and took off. Steve S. was either going to have to throw a rope around me and hang on or do his best on his own. I clocked a 24:09, including running the last 1.6 miles at a 6:28 pace, and the last .8 mile at about 6:10.

Steve S. didn't stay right on my heels but kicked it up a notch also. We both cut well into what we did yesterday.

Total distance = 7.1 miles. Total time 50:38, 7:08 pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home