Thursday, January 26, 2006

Speedwork - I'm Whipped

Did speedwork this evening at the Austin High track. I got there a little before one of my running buddies, Brian, so I did a few laps to warm up. Our other training partner, Steve, is out of town. I decided to kick one hard, despite a pretty strong wind. I posted a disappointing 1:14 lap around the track then Brian showed up. We traded off leading 400 repeats with a 400 recovery lap in between. I did the customary 8 fast 400s. The times were:

1:14, 1:20, 1:19, 1:18, 1:19, 1:20, 1:20, 1:20.

That fast one I did before Brian got there just had me whipped and playing catchup the rest of the workout, but I made it through. The lungs were seared though.

Next up is the 10K Saturday. 5 miles total today, plus the 3.4 last night for a paltry 8.4 for the week. But I'm planning a good long-run on Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Thanks for the kudo's Lance!

Good Luck this weekend! Leave it all out there streets in Angleton!

RunSteve

5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home