Monday, January 23, 2006

Ugh Oh

Looks like I picked up an injury from the marathon. My right Achilles tendon ain't in it's happy place. I went out last night for 5.4 and it started hurting a little about halfway through. Not hurting bad enough to force me to stop, but I stopped anyway. I cut the return short and walked about half of it. I iced it when I got home, took a prescription anti-inflammatory and repeated that procedure twice today. It's actually a little tender to the touch, which concerns me. I am definitely still going to do the 10K this weekend, and will test it later this week to see if I can at least get in one workout. I've got my fingers crossed but am concerned that I may need a couple of weeks off after the race this weekend. Better two weeks now than two months later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home