Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Speedwork For Lunch

I had speedwork for lunch today. I did the block that I live on, which is .4 miles and is sort of an oval. It actually lends itself quite nicely to speedwork, except for a couple of fairly sharp turns, and one uneven spot in the sidewalk. I do a half loop warm-up, then 5 fast loops, with a half loop recovery in between each and after the fifth. It's not a lot of milage (3.2) but it sears the lungs and isn't for the faint of heart.

My fast loop times were: 2:12, 2:11, 2:10, 2:10, 2:11. Those are decent times for me, but about 3 seconds per loop off my peak of a couple of months ago. That's consistent with my Rockets Run 5K time being off from my PR of a couple of months ago. But I'm leaning away from thinking that I've lost fitness and leaning toward thinking that I've just not been specializing in the shorter, faster stuff. My confidence is back (for some reason) and I think I'll do well Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home