Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lost Half A Step Maybe?

Went for 4.4 miles tonight with the specific intention of going at breakneck speed. I wanted to see if I'm really a bit slower at the shorter stuff or if the Rockets Run 5K was just a fluke.

Left the house around 9PM. It was around 55 degrees with a moderate wind - approx. 10 mph from the south. I almost always have a negative split on this route, even when I start as fast as possible. I hit the first mile in around 6:19 but I need to go back one of these days and re-measure that first mile marker. I'm not sure exactly where it is anymore. I hit the turnaround in 13:47, a 6:16 pace. My PR for this route is 26:52 (October 14, 2005), a 6:06 pace, so I had some work to do on the back half. The wind was at my back more on the return than it was going out so that helped a bit. I clocked a 13:29 coming back (6:08 pace) for a total of 27:16 (6:12 pace).

So, yeah, I've lost a half step (at most) but am not too concerned. I'm close enough that a couple of weeks of focus on the shorter stuff would probably have me back to where I was, hopefully.

Speedwork tomorrow, then maybe 3 miles Friday morning and that's it until Sunday. Getting more concerned about the weather being a bit warm but at least I'll be finished before it gets much into the 60s.

Total miles this week - 7.6. I won't hit more than around 15 max this week (not counting Sunday), but all those miles will be focused on speed baby, speed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home