Thursday, February 02, 2006

What A Difference 8 Hours Makes

I went over to Greatwood today, around lunchtime, to attempt a long-run. Got there just before noon. It was sunny, fairly warm, and windy. I didn't particularly feel like running but thought it might click in once I got started.

Nope. I did one loop and bailed out with the intention to come back tonight at have another go at it. I did the one loop (3.55 miles) in 24:55 (7 minute pace).

Total miles for the week - 26.25

So, tonight I went back over there, around 8:15 or so. It was cooler and I had more energy, though I had eaten around 6:30. The first loop was a respectable 24:57 but I had a brick in my stomach being digested and it was really making the run uncomfortable. I forced myself to tackle another loop, with my fingers crossed that it would get better. Loop #2 was the digestion loop. I had to back off the pace a little because of the discomfort but by the end of loop #2 I was feeling better. Loop #2 came in at 25:32 but I was feeling it for loop #3 and picked it up. I did that one in 24:39 (6:57 pace). I was at 10.65 miles at this point and decided to do the mile out and back that we have measured off. I did the mile going out in 6:39, and posted a 6:21 on the one coming back in.

Total distance = 12.65 miles in 1 hour, 28 minutes, 9 seconds (6:58 pace).

Total miles for the week - 38.90.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home