Friday, February 10, 2006

Brr! Actually It Wasn't That Bad

Just got back from a 5.4 mile training run. Yeah, I know it's getting cold outside, and I dressed warm, but really it wasn't that bad. Heck, the temperature had only dropped to 48 when I walked out the door. And although the wind was blowing pretty strong it was at my back half of the way. It has dropped to 46 outside now, but that's nothing really. It was upper 30s for the Houstonian Lite 30K in December and I ran the second half of that shirtless!

So I dressed warm and went out and did my 5.4 mile route. I didn't take the watch because I wanted this to be a true easy-day run. I read an article recently that discussed the importance of recovery. And since I don't want to reduce my milage or take more than one day off a week, I'm really going to try to have more recovery day runs. This one qualified. At no point was I really laboring. I listened to the Ed Schultz Show on KTRH, AM 740 and really never even thought about the run I was doing. It was a nice change of pace.

5.4 miles tonight. Total miles thus far this week - 37.9.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home