Thursday, February 16, 2006

Morning Speedwork

Now I know why no one I know does speedwork in the morning. It's just not a good time to get the old bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons moving that fast. I did a slightly abbreviated speedwork session this morning to make up for the one I aborted yesterday. I'm not a morning runner by nature anyway, and doing speedwork at 8:30 AM just seemed wrong. And felt wrong. But I made the best of it. I did four fast laps around my .4 mile oval block, with a half-block recovery after each one. The fast repeat times were:

2:18, 2:13, 2:13, 2:11.

These times are roughly 4 to 5 seconds slower than my normal repeats on this course. But I wasn't expecting normal splits anyway. Got it done and got in some fast running in the morning, which always serves me well for a weekend race.

Total distance: 2.8 miles.
Total milage this week: 17.8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home