Wednesday, February 22, 2006

No Running Yet This Week

I haven't trained this week because of the pain in my left hip. If this were an injury I was unfamiliar with I'd probably be trying to train through it, but I know better. I'm pretty sure I'm experiencing bursitis. I had this same problem in my right hip joint when I first started running six years ago. I tried to train through it and ended up having to take about three months off from running.

I'm going to do speedwork tomorrow and will have a better idea of whether it's getting better. And I'm definitely doing the Rodeo Run 10K this Saturday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Rodeo run is questionable for me now! Got over 1 knee issue and the other decided to join in. I think I pushed it too far too quick in the last 30 days. We'll see on Sat.

2:16 PM  
Blogger equarles said...

geez...hope it gets better. see ya saturday.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

can't wait to see you "rockit!" on saturday.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home