Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sunday Morning Long-Run With Steve And Assynt

Steve Schroeder and I really screwed up. With us being dads three times over Sunday morning was the one day of the entire year where we could have legitimately stayed in bed late and had the wife and kids bring us breakfast and the paper. But no, like typical runners we scheduled a long-run for Sunday morning, at 5:50 AM!

Steve and Assynt McCleod met me at my house for a long-run out through New Territory, through Telfair, under 59, over into First Colony by where the Fired Up 5K is held, then back. We covered 14.7 miles (though I can't figure out for the life of me how we went 7 miles out but only 6.7 coming back on virtually the same route) in 1:59:09 for an 8:06 pace. It was miserably warm and sticky. I already can't wait for October.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home