Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Post - 400 Repeats

I met Brian at the track yesterday for 400 repeats. I haven't been able to make this workout in awhile and I felt like I was losing a step because of it. So even though I can't leave work until sometime after 5 PM and we normally get started in Sugar Land at 5:45, I was bound and determined to make the workout.

I got stuck in traffic getting across town and by the time I got there (6:10 PM) Brian had already completed seven fast ones. I jumped in and did five with him to complete his 12, then did the last seven alone. Here are the better-than-expected splits:

1:17, 1:19, 1:17, 1:18, 1:16, 1:17, 1:17, 1:18, 1:18, 1:18, 1:18, 1:13

I'll take it easy today (Thursday) and tomorrow due to the Beach To Bay Relay I'm running in Saturday down in Corpus. I'm on a kick-ass masters team so wish us luck. Gonna try to bring home some Houston Strider glory.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica, a Austin Runner AND triathlete said...

i need to get back to speedwork. i had some great PR's in the last week but unfortuntely i luckily muscled them out and didn't really have that burst of speed i wish i had. Also, I am going to get reinjured if i keep running like this. hope you are well, miss seeing you and the Schroeders/Yoders/etc around to make me run faster;)

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home