Thursday, April 10, 2008

Recovery Milage With Brian

I talked to Brian King yesterday morning and he mentioned that he was planning to do a couple of loops here in New Territory yesterday after work so I offered to join him. Brian was targeting a moderate, nearly tempo pace which I thought I could muster. I knew that the 10.65 I did Tuesday night took all the starch out of me but I thought I might get most of it back after a nearly 24 hour recovery.

The loop here in New Territory is 3.19 miles, if you do the small one as opposed to the big loop where you have to cross New Territory Blvd. The plan was to do it twice. With the distance from my house to the loop and back it works out to about 6.7 miles.

We took off from my house and I could tell immediately that I was still spent from the night before. No spring, lungs and heart working hard from the get-go, no energy, etc. Ideal! We hit the loop and I started my watch. We talked about how darned windy it is seemingly everyday these days, and how it's not just 10 to 15 mph winds but more like 15 to 25. I hope it lets up soon. Of course when it does it will be hot and humid and we'll wish for a breeze.

About halfway through the first loop I told Brian we might need to dial it back just a hair. We did but not much. We completed the first loop in 22:39, a 7:06 pace. The second loop came in a bit slower, which was fine with me - 23:07, a 7:15 pace.

I'm not running again until this evening when we hit the track for our 400s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home