Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sunday Long-Run With Steve

I ventured out Sunday afternoon to get in a long-run over on the Greatwood loop. There was still some smoke on the trail left over from Tuan Nguyen and Brian King busting off a mean tempo run on it earlier that morning. The temperature was also pretty warm, low to mid 80s I'd say but good stuff for acclimating to the still warmer stuff to come.

My goal was to do four loops (14.2 miles) with no regard for pace. After about 2.25 miles I saw Steve Schroeder running toward me on the path. I had called him before I headed out but at the time he was doubtful about being able to join me. I was glad for the company. We soldiered through all planned loops but did take a five minute break between three and four to rehydrate. Here are the not-particularly-impressive 3.55 mile loop times:

26:01
27:35 (including a short water break)
27:09
5:01 break
26:36

Total time (including breaks) - 1:52:23, 7:46 pace

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lance,

Don't know about the smoke, probably more like exhaust fume. Thanks again for your help in arranging the tempo run w/ Mr. Smooth, aka, Brian King. My only complaint is there are no quarter mile markers a la Memorial Park. Maybe that's a new project for Mr. Schroeder between his daily run and diaper chores. Congratulations to Steve & his wife on the new baby.

Hope to see all of you at Bellaire Trolley Run this Saturday. The weather should be much better than Law Week.

Tuan

10:46 AM  
Blogger Steeeve said...

Tuan,

That's it! "Smoothie King"!!

6:16 AM  
Blogger Steeeve said...

Tuan,

That's it! "Smoothie King"!!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that, Steeeve. And my Sunday run was the Greatwood Sunrise.:-)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home