Friday, March 21, 2008

Mile Repeats Go Better

Yesterday I went out to do my mile repeats again, targeting four repeats again, at or better than the speed I ran them last week. I felt great and things went well. Negative splits all the way through again and faster than last week. Here are the times:

5:47
5:47
5:44
5:35

I attribute the better times (average eight seconds faster over last week) to great weather and a week of good training under my belt. Also, I've read that you make all your gains in speedwork in about the first six weeks then it levels off. Of course I've been doing speedwork for some time now but these mile repeats are in their own class.

Later last night I went out and picked up 6.1 recovery miles at about a 7:30 pace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nuke Runner said...

Wow! Those mile times are awesome. I tried running 4x1M/400rec Wednesday evening, but my fastest mile was barely under 5:54.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Lance Collins said...

Kevin,

I don't know if you've done these before or are just now adding them to your training. If you're new to them they are tough but improvement comes quickly.

If you're not new to them and are doing 5:54s then maybe you're just a slow old dude (just kidding)! I don't know, you sure seem to kick my tail in every race lately. I do think I'm faster now than I was six weeks ago, or even four weeks ago. We'll see in my next race, which will be the 8K next Saturday.

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home