Thursday, March 13, 2008

Calorie Burn Wednesday

After a hard 5K (well, almost a 5K) on Tuesday I took it easy in the intensity department on Wednesday but I did put in some milage. I did five miles at lunch and ten miles last night.

During both runs I tried really hard to hold back on the pace. While most of us are looking for a faster gear, I'm trying to find a slow gear. I've always had this problem. I couldn't run a ten minute pace if my life depended on it. But I really didn't accomplish my goal, certainly not on the lunch run, but did better last night on the ten miler.

On the lunch run I covered the first half in 17:46, which is a 7:06 pace, but on the return 2.5 miles I went faster, despite my best efforts to hold back. I covered the return in 17:05 (6:50 pace) for a 34:51 overall (6:58 pace).

Last night I went out to the loop here in New Territory and was determined that my only goal was to do three loops. The first loop came in at 23:51 (7:29 pace). Loop #2 was completed in 23:23 (7:20 pace). But things got a little faster in the final loop, which came in at 22:30 (7:03 pace). With the warm-up and cool-down portions I covered 10 miles. A little faster than I had wanted to go but much better restraint than the lunchtime run. And today I feel 100% for my mile repeats that I'm about to go tackle. Results later tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home