Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wednesday Speedwork Then Recovery Milage Tonight

With the race this weekend I planned on doing only one speedwork session this week. Today at lunchtime I headed over to the .4 mile oval for some repeats. It turned out being a great workout and possibly my best set of repeats ever on the .4 mile course. Here are my splits:

2:14, 2:10, 2:09, 2:06, 2:07, 2:03*

That 2:03 on the final loop represents the best time I've ever recorded on this course. A good day.

Tonight I went out for an easy, 4.5 mile run, no watch. I had a little fun at the end though. After completing one loop you have to go out half a mile then come back in order to make it 4.5 miles. As I was nearing the turnaround, two girls were going the other direction - pretty fast. When I hit the turnaround myself I looked up ahead and saw that they were about 100 yards away and still moving pretty quickly. I hammered my tail off trying to close that 100 yard gap in the final half mile. Didn't quite do it but came within 20 feet of them. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, they were on rollerblades.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now we know, the rest of the story!

Well played Lance, well played!

Good luck on Sat - I plan on being there to cheer you on!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home