Sunday, February 24, 2008

Double Duty Thursday (Again)

Sorry I'm behind in posting - been busy.

On Thursday I did five miles at lunch again. My pace was probably too fast given that we had speedwork that evening. I covered it in 33:39, a 6:44 pace. Not terribly challenging, but again, I should have taken it easier with the track on the agenda.

The track workout was murder but we got through it. Brian King showed up loaded for bear and Steve and I did our best to hang on. Brian is clearly a step ahead of us now but it's not necessarily a bad thing to have a training partner who is just a little better than you, right? But it's hell for speedwork. Brian mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he'd like to see us someday turn 1:15s as a matter of routine, instead of 1:18 to 1:20, like we've previously done. Well, Steve and I aren't quite there yet but Brian blew through that benchmark with room to spare on Thursday. Steve and I had a pretty good workout as well, though as I mentioned, I didn't have in the tank what I should have had. I had to approach every 400 like it was the last one. They hurt. Here are my times:

1:17, 1:16, 1:16, 1:18, 1:18, 1:18, 1:17, 1:18, 1:17, 1:18, 1:18, 1:16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home