Thursday, January 24, 2008

Informal Speedwork

Tonight I decided to do some informal speedwork out on the 3.82 mile New Territory big loop. The loop is sidewalk all the way but is intersected here and there with streets that cut into the interior of the loop. The typical distance between these breaks is .2 to .4 miles. I decided to go fast/slow and it worked out great. The weather was perfect (48 degrees). I alternated fast/slow until I had done five fast blocks and was about 2/3 of the way through the loop. At that point I took it easy for the final mile or so to the house. It was a nice way to do speedwork. No set distance and I didn't time myself. And heck, on a couple of the fast stretches I wasn't sure how far I had to go before I got to quit which made it VERY interesting. I guess it was a true Fartlek workout. I didn't push too terribly hard with the race Saturday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Junie B said...

Lance, day 1 of the LC diet went well.

Although I am starving and I want ice cream. :)

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home