Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

I'll take the Aerosmith version of that song versus Gene Autry. I got back in the saddle again today and laced 'em up for an easy run this evening to find out where my recovery stands. I've recovered physically much better than I did after the Dallas marathon. I was pain free by yesterday but wasn't sure whether the heart and lungs had recovered as quickly as the legs. But in fact it was just the opposite tonight. The heart and lungs were ready to go and the legs came along for the ride, but there is still a bit of soreness in my calfs that's not apparent just walking around. But no injuries - the calfs will be fine.

I covered about 5.8 miles in just a hair over 40 minutes. Pace was probably 6:45 to 6:50.

I'm gonna try to get in another run tomorrow and then go long(ish) on Saturday - 14 to 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home