Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Post Marathon Update

Not much to report in the days since the Dallas marathon. They made my time official last Friday (thanks Wayne Cohen and Steve Karpas). I've run a few times but still haven't fully recovered, which is just amazing to me. I went out last night for 9.9 miles. It was the best I've felt in any of my post-marathon training runs, and certainly the farthest I've gone. I managed a 6:50 pace and ran negative splits on the three loops I did here in New Territory but my legs were whipped by the end of the run. They felt like they did in the last few miles of Dallas. Except today they are fine. Hopefully I'll be up for the 20+ mile long-run this weekend. I'll run a fair amount next week then begin tapering again for Houston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home