Monday, November 26, 2007

Sunday Night Tempo

Now that I'm in taper mode, my plan is to significantly dial back the volume of my training, but retain some quality. I want put the finishing touches on my fitness by continuing with the Thursday track work, and mixing in a couple of shorter, red-line runs. At least that's my plan this week. Next week may be even easier.

With that in mind, I went out tonight to tackle the 4.4 mile route I used to run in my old neighborhood. It's a good, flat course, with a turnaround at 2.2 miles. I like the course and am very familiar with every aspect of it. I wasn't feeling 100%, given the long-run on Friday and the fact that I couldn't catch up on sleep all weekend. There was also a headwind going out but I did what I could. I covered the outbound 2.2 miles in 14:17 (6:30 pace) but took advantage of the wind at my back to post a 13:32 (6:09 pace) on the return.

Total distance: 4.4 miles, 27:49 (6:19 pace).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home