Friday, November 09, 2007

Tuesday Through Friday

A rather uneventful week in my running (thus no blogging) because I'm taking it easy due to the 25K coming up this weekend.

On Tuesday I did 5.8 miles at a 6:51 pace. No running on Wednesday as I wanted to be fully recovered for speedwork yesterday. During the 5.8 mile run I tried to hammer and just couldn't get to that top gear without red-lining so I took Wednesday off. Having to recover sucks.

Yesterday I met Steve and Brian at the jr. high track for our 400 repeats. I got there late and they had already done three of the normal 12, so I jumped right in. Once their 12 were done (and I had nine under the belt) they agreed to split up the duty of running my final three with me. It really wasn't necessary and I know they were spent but they're troopers and total team players. They helped me through to comletion of my 12. The times are below.

1:18, 1:17, 1:16, 1:17, 1:17, 1:19, 1:17, 1:16, 1:18, 1:17, 1:16, 1:12

I think these times represent my best speedwork session. It was a good day to hammer.

Then this morning I got up and went out for an easy 3.5 miles before work. The weather was just like it's going to be Sunday. It sucked. But I guess we'll deal with it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home