Friday, January 04, 2008

Friday Speedwork

Today after work I headed over to do repeats on the .4 mile oval in my old subdivision again. I was feeling fine but have been really battling to control my appetite this week. I've found that it's not nearly as easy to manage my weight as it was when I was younger nor as easy as it is when I'm maintaining high milage. Couple that with the fact that I haven't done much fast-paced running since before the Dallas marathon so I was a little unsure how things would go. But it worked out fine. I hammered six repetitions, with a .2 mile recovery, though I must admit, I had to walk about the first 100 feet of each recovery just so I'd be ready for the next one. Here are my splits:

2:08, 2:10, 2:11, 2:11, 2:10, 2:10

Compare those times to the ones I did two weeks ago:

2:16, 2:09, 2:13, 2:12, 2:11, 2:07

A little better this week I'd say.

As far as the Houston marathon goes, I'm concerned about the weather. Not sure if anyone else is looking ahead yet, but I'm seeing overnight lows on Saturday night of near freezing, with rain. Niiiiiiice. Maybe we can run the whole thing indoors at GRB.

1 Comments:

Blogger Junie B said...

thats what was predicted LAST year, right up till Saturday and then that sucker slowed down. dont look till end of next week.

i'm praying for 40ish.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home