Monday, February 25, 2008

Tempo Run With Brian King

I met Brian at the Greatwood loop this evening for a two loop tempo run. Steve was unavailable so it was just the two of us. I suspect that Brian took yesterday off after doing the Park to Park 5 Miler Saturday morning in a stellar 29:26. Add to that the fact that he normally does an aggressive tempo run on Mondays anyway which meant he wanted to hammer. And I'm not usually one to say no.

We hit the first loop in 24:03 (6:46 pace) but I felt there was no way we'd go negative on the second loop. I could really feel the effects of the run I did last night. At the first couple of benchmarks we were slightly behind our pace from loop one. At the final benchmark (.8 miles out from the finish) it appeared that we might have a shot at equalling our first loop, or pretty close. We didn't really hit another gear at the end but definitely kept the hammer down. Our second loop came in at 23:49 (6:42 pace).

Our two loop time was a fairly rare sub 48 minute total - 47:52 (6:44 pace). I think I've earned an easy run tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home