Monday, March 24, 2008

Sunday Long-Run With Scott

I met Scott Grischow yesterday morning at Memorial Park for a long-run. Scott is doing the Big D Marathon in two weeks and was looking for someone to do a long-run with him. We had done one together the day after Thanksgiving in preparation for the White Rock Marathon and it worked out well. Our long-run pace matches well and he's no more interested in stopping more than a few times during the run than I am.

Scott wanted to go 22 miles, which is probably more than I need to be doing at this time of the year, but hey, more miles are better than less miles right? (provided you don't get injured), and he's a friend who needed some company. So we met at 6 AM and hammered out 22 miles in 2:45:13, which equates to a 7:31 pace and includes our two stops for water.

I felt very little wear and tear on my legs from this run, which was a pleasant surprise. At 21 miles my legs felt about they way they normally would at 15 or 16 miles into a run. Maybe my recent higher milage has something to do with that - probably. I ended up with 65.9 miles this past week but will back off this week in anticipation of racing this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home