Monday, April 07, 2008

Sunday Longish Run

Normally after a morning race, particularly only a 5K, I go out later that afternoon or evening and pick up some more milage. But an evening out at Woodrows to watch Memphis and Kansas win, thereby ensuring first place in my bracket pool ($406, thank you very much), prevented me from getting any additional milage in Saturday. So Steve Schroeder and I hooked up for some easy milage in the heat Sunday afternoon, beginning about 4:45 PM.

We ran over here in New Territory on the 3.19 mile loop. I called Steve Bezner to see if he wanted to get some miles in and promised him we wouldn't go faster than an eight minute pace. We ended up pretty close. We met Steve (hereafter referred to as Bez) out on the loop about a mile and a half into the first loop. We all dropped our bottles and started the left-turn-only shuffle.

After one loop Bez needed a quick rehydration but we didn't stop long. After the second loop we all sucked down some fluids and proceeded to hammer one more. Because Steve Schroeder and I started a mile and a half further back into the loop we were already into our fourth loop when Bez said that three was enough for him and pulled off the trail. Steve and I soldiered on and finished up what turned out to be right at 13 miles in a 7:58 pace, stops included.

I finished the week with about 44 miles but will easily eclipse that this week. And hopefully next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home