Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Wednesday Speedwork Again

We've moved our Thursday speedwork session up to Wednesday now so that it won't interfere with weekend races as much, if at all. That gives me the option of either doing mile repeats on Fridays or racing on Saturdays. So this evening I met Steve and Brian for 12 x 400 at the local track.

It's been several weeks since all three of us were able to do this workout together so it was nice to have everybody back. It's great to be able to lead two, let Steve lead two, let Brian lead two, then repeat. We've been running these well lately so tonights numbers aren't too out of the ordinary.

1:18, 1:18, 1:16, 1:18, 1:16, 1:16, 1:19, 1:16, 1:18, 1:18, 1:17, 1:08

The great thing is that I didn't really kill myself out there, despite the solid times. I had something left in the tank on each one, except that final lung-scorcher. But even that one didn't really hurt all that bad. In fact I passed Brian (our 400 speedster) about halfway through and thought I might be able to hold him off. But he had led the last lap so even though he passed me back with about 100 m to go we probably clocked about the same time. I know we probably ran these harder than necessary, at least based on the times, but if perceived effort is what you should go by, it was not as bad as it usually is. If you go by how whipped you are, this wasn't the hardest 12 x 400 we've done, not by a long shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home