Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Haven't Lost Much

It's been almost three weeks since I last did speedwork. And my milage is down now with the new job so I've been concerned about losing a step. I know I won't be able to hit 65-70 miles a week, unless I settle into a very disciplined (i.e. getting up at 5 AM and getting by on less sleep) routine. I haven't done anything of quality since the tempo run a week ago yesterday. So, heading into mile repeats tonight I was concerned that I might have lost a a bit of fitness. Not really. At least not yet.

I wasn't able to get them done tonight until 9 PM. Here are my times:

5:49, 5:47, 5:48, 5:45

I couldn't remember the line that we use to start the mile on. I need to get Brian to meet me over there and show me again, or maybe it'll come back to me in the daylight. I played around with it, starting later on the first two and earlier on the second two. I'm still not sure which is right. If the earlier line is right you can probably add 2 or 3 seconds to the first two, but if the second line is the right mark then you can subtract 2 or 3 seconds from the third and fourth miles. Either way, decent times, especially having not done these, or any speedwork, in three weeks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

I find it difficult to do hard workouts solo. Way to get it done.

If you want to keep your mileage up set the alarm. It feels good to be done running for the day at 6:00 a.m.

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home