Friday, April 11, 2008

Thursday and Friday

Yesterday I planned to meet up with Brian to do our 400 repeats. All through the day I just didn't have any motivation and wasn't looking forward to the speedwork like I normally do. I actually had some soreness in my thighs, which is unusual, especially since we're out of marathon season. I didn't even have sore thighs when I did 22 miles three weeks ago. But that hammer run I did Tuesday night left me spent in the legs, but hopefully not the lungs.

Given that it rained here yesterday we decided against hitting the track and chose instead to head over to the .4 mile oval. I grabbed an energy drink before heading out, hoping to get a boost. I met Brian at the church near the loop and we jogged on over. We did one full loop to warm up and make sure there were no obstructions on the oval, then we were off.

We hit the first one in 2:10 but I struggled mightily to do it. Brian led the next one and we posted a 2:09, but I was done. I simply wasn't recovered completely from Tuesday night and speedwork was not in the cards. We did my 4.4 mile route over there at an easy pace, just for the milage, then Brian blasted one loop in 1:59, the all-time record for the oval.

I got in approximately 6.5 miles.

Today I went out for two times around the larger New Territory loop at whatever pace felt comfortable. I covered 7.86 miles in 56:31, a 7:11 pace. Felt much better than yesterday. I should be okay for a long-run tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home