Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sunday, 8/12/07

Gonna catch up on the last few days tonight, beginning with what I did on Sunday.

It didn't seem unreasonably hot Sunday evening, so even though I was tired and not feeling up to it I figured I'd better take advantage of reasonable temps to get in some hard-paced stuff. I decided to take another crack at the 4.4 mile route in my old subdivision. This is the route that I once did at a 6:01 pace and I dream of doing it again. I didn't think I'd be able to eclipse that pace (I tried a couple of weeks ago and nearly died pulling down a 6:00 pace going out) but I want to get close.

I started off at an aggressive pace though I could tell it wasn't quite as fast as I had gone a couple of weeks ago, though that's what I wanted. I hit the turn at 13:28 (6:07 pace). On the return I had to back off a little bit because the heat was beginning to compromise my effort but I did manage to hold onto a 13:37 (6:11 pace).

Total distance Sunday (8/12) - 4.4 miles, 27:05 (6:09 pace)

Total miles this week - a paltry 40.02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home