Monday, August 06, 2007

Acclimation Station

After trying to run hard and long twice in the past two days and failing miserably, I've come to the realization (actually I already suspected it would be this way) that those two rainy months that kept the temperatures down also kept me from fully acclimating to the heat and being able to run hard in it.

I went out yesterday evening at 5:30 for what I hoped would be 14.2 miles. What was I thinking? I tried to keep the pace down but even that didn't keep me from heating up. I soldiered through 7.1 miles and headed for the house. I would liked to have started later but couldn't due to some scheduling problems on the home front.

Total distance Sunday (8/5) - 7.1; 53 minutes and something, not sure, not sure it matters.
Total distance covered for the week (7/30-8/4) - 48.65


And tonight I wisely waited until almost 9 PM to try to get in an all-out hard 10.2 miles but was smokin' at 4.4. I was holding a good pace (6:25) at that point and wasn't bothered by the pace at all but was just overheating inside. Guess I'll need a week or two of this to get back where I need to be.

Total distance Monday (8/6) - 5.67; 37:13/6:34 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home