Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Tuesday With The Other Boys

My wife is out of town until tomorrow night so I had my two boys to entertain this evening. Thank goodness we bought a double jogging stroller a few weeks ago.

I tried to sort of make it an adventure, telling my oldest (4 years old) that we were going exploring and would run someplace where we've never run before. I know they get bored with the same old loop in New Territory. I also told him that we'd stop at the first playground we saw and he and his 21 month old brother could play for as long as they wanted. I decided that it wouldn't kill me to take it easy today, stop when they wanted, run however far I got to run, just sort of get in what I could get in, putting them first in priority. I know, what a good dad, right? We hit the playground after about 8.5 minutes. Stayed there for 30 minutes, then I ran 18 minutes before we saw another danged playground. I let them get out and play here too, but not too long - about 10 minutes. Then it was 12 minutes home.

Total distance Tuesday: who knows? Around 5.5 miles I'd guess. A total of about 40 minutes of running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home