Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yesterday and Today

Wasn't that the title to a Beatles song? Or was it Tomorrow Never Knows? Come to think of it, Yesterday and Today was an album title and Tomorrow Never Knows was a cool, trippy, psycodelic song of theirs on Revolver.

Anyway, yesterday I did 7.1 miles at a red-line pace. Went way, way past tempo run. I mean, if I were racing I couldn't have gone much faster. It was 2 times around our workhorse, the Greatwood Loop. My previous fastest two loops was 46:55 but yesterday I cut 52 seconds off that to clock a 46:03. That only works out to a 6:29 pace but this is a hard loop. I'm pretty sure I could shave 15 seconds a mile off that if I were to run a flat course 10K this weekend.

Today was speedwork at the jr. high track, which had standing water on it. I was with Steve and Brian. We were all pretty whipped and it was fairly warm, though not oppressive. We clocked some pretty good 400s - did 8 of 'em. Times were 1:18 to :20, except for the last one, which is usually whatever you have left. I had a 1:14 left.

Then I did 3.5 miles easy tonight, pushing my two boys in the jogging stroller, behing my wife. Total miles today - 10.25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home