Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Last Three Days

I've run the last three days (including today) but haven't had time to post. My wife has been out of town so I've had my hands full with our two little guys. But I did manage to get in my runs, though they weren't as long as I'd like.

Tuesday night I waited until almost 9 PM before loading the boys into the jogging stroller. I figured they'd both fall asleep and I wouldn't have to worry about them getting bored. I was right. The littlest guy, Wyatt (21 months) fell asleep 5 minutes into the run. I planned to do the 3.2 mile loop here in my neighborhood twice. I finished the first loop in 24:41 (7:43 pace), pushing 55 lbs. of boy. I picked up the pace going into the second loop and decided about halfway through that I would try to get a flat 7 minute pace, which would be a 22:24. It was gonna be tough but I did my best, coming up a bit short - 22:59 for a 7:11 pace.

Total distance Tuesday, 7/31 - 6.4 (+.3 warmup and cool-down), time for the 6.4 - 47:40, 7:27 pace.

On Wednesday I went out at about 8:30 PM but knew I'd better not push it with the boys and try to get two loops in again. I decided to shoot for one loop plus half a mile out and back. Dylan (who turned 4 that day) stayed awake the whole time and was getting impatient by the time I finally turned off toward the house. I didn't wear my watch so I have no idea of my pace.

Total distance Wednesday, 8/1 - 4.2 (+.3 warmup and cool-down), no time recorded.

Today I met Brian K. and Steve S. for mile repeats. We've decided to do an out-of-town 5K Saturday morning so we didn't want to kill it like we did last week. I suggested we shoot for 6 minutes on the first two and if anyone wanted to go for it on the third one they could. That's pretty much what we did. I posted a 5:58 on the first, and a 6:01 on the second. On the third and final mile repeat Brian led and set a pretty brisk pace from the start but I did my best to hang on. When we were a little more than a tenth of a mile from the finish he took off in a near sprint. I couldn't exactly match it but did what I could. I posted a final mile of 5:44. I felt great and really could have done another one, especially if we had done another 6 minute mile for #3, instead of burning one. Maybe next week.

Total distance Thursday, 8/2 - 5.65, various times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - pushing 55 lbs of boys! That is amazing for any distance of run!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home