Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Run In The Park, A Meeting, Then A Nightcap

I met Steve at Memorial Park at 5:15 PM on Tuesday for some miles before we headed to the Houston Striders meeting. The conditions were similar to Monday - around 100 degrees, but lower humidity.

We did two loops plus 1/10 of a mile to make it 5.9 total. Time was 44:43 (7:35 pace).

Went to the meeting, ate way too much pizza, then came home feeling like a run. Like something fast. I decided to do the 3.2 mile loop near my house here in New Territory, plus the approximately .15 up to the loop and .15 home.

I started off well enough, hitting the first mile in 6:15 on this very rolling, non-fast course. But the pizza began forcing me to slow a bit. I held on as best as I could and finished the 3.2 mile loop in 20:24 for a 6:23 pace.

Total distance Tuesday (8/14) - 5.9+3.5 = 9.4 miles, times above.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, running at 5:15pm around here is just incredible. Be careful out there, especially as you are now an honorary Schroeder :-)

Steeeve

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home