Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Last Few Days

On Saturday morning I did a 16 mile long-run with Assynt McCleod and Steve Schroeder out here in Sugar Land on our out-and-back course. It went pretty smooth - 7:52 pace, even including two stops, though Assynt and I had to drop some 7 flat and sub sevens in the final four miles to get to that number. It was good to get out and go long again. I could tell that I had already fallen out of long-run shape as I was fairly wiped out the rest of the day. My wife and I went down to Galveston that afternoon for our anniversary (15 years) and I managed to pick up a few easy miles with her on the Seawall. That got me to 57 miles total for the week, which is the highest number I've hit this year.

I took Sunday off due to a busy schedule but did get in a nice strength workout at the hotel gym Sunday morning. On Monday I went for 7.31 miles beginning in the heat of 10:30 AM.

Yesterday I only managed about 4.5 but the upside was that I was well rested for speedwork today at the track with Steve. He was running late so I did six of the 400s alone, then six more with him. It was very difficult - a hard pace and warm and muggy conditions. But the times weren't bad:

1:20, 1:18, 1:17, 1:16, 1:16, 1:17, 1:18, 1:17, 1:17, 1:17, 1:19, 1:15

I'm pretty whipped from this workout and am going to turn in early, maybe get in 3.5 tomorrow before work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skipdog said...

Lance,

I lost your contact number years ago and have been trying to find you. I still come down to Texas pretty often. Please reply if you read this. Cell 607-343-4737, berlingj@yahoo.com.

Regards,

Jeff Berling

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home