Thursday, April 16, 2009

Leaving For Boston Tomorrow

Well, the hay is in the barn, as they say. Training is done, tapering is in full swing, and I'm leaving tomorrow for Boston. Since late Jan. I've done five long-runs of 21 miles or more, raced a solid half marathon in Jan., did a 20 miler in Dec., did the 14 miles at 6:45 pace, and had a 16 miler mixed in there too. I've felt more like my old self again lately, especially this week.

I don't think I'll seriously target sub-three but will try to stay close to that pace so that if I'm having a spectacular day I can go for it and if it's about what I expect I'll shoot for low threes. We'll see. Weather is looking good so far.

4 Comments:

Blogger kayry said...

Good Luck Lance!!!!!

Just run dammit!!!! :)

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3:05:42. Way to go, Lance. Didn't have a chance to watch the race but a few race reports mentioned a stiff headwind that affected everyone's time.

Tuan

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice running Lance! - Brian Belger

9:45 AM  
Blogger Minken said...

Looks like you stuck right to your plan Lance! I was tracking you at work. I even took my hard helmet down from my shelf as an homage to Lance style of running!

I look forward to the report!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home