Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Turning The Corner Finally

After the aggressive approach the doctor took to my chest cold I thought things would be clearing by Sunday or Monday but I was still hacking pretty good on Tuesday, though things were slightly better. I met Steve Schroeder and Avi Moss at Memorial Park on Tuesday for a couple of loops before the Houston Striders meeting at 7 PM. That training run helped clear up my lungs and things were much, much better today.

I decided to go out and try to get in something of quality tonight. I wouldn't want to do anything aggressive any closer to Sunday than today so it was now or never time. Instead of a 7 or 8 mile tempo, I settled on speedwork instead but my breathing was still a little compromised. I really noticed it holding me back at top end speed, when I tried to reach for something extra. I did the .7 mile lake path again, which I just love. The repeat times were: 4:02, 4:04, 4:06, 4:04, which all work out to around 5:50-5:55 pace. I'll take it, considering a little congestion still. I suspect it'll all be gone by Friday at the latest, and I won't have to reach for sub 6 pace at any point on Sunday so I'm not worried. At least I've turned the corner with this bear of a cold.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great run on Sunday, Lance & Brian. The weather forecast is not ideal, scattered light rains and 59F, but not bad either.

Tuan

7:30 AM  
Blogger Minken said...

There are two things I wish for this weekend:

1. Brian has an amazing run!
2. You enjoy your birthday!

Have a great weekend! Cheers.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home