Monday, March 16, 2009

Week of 3/8 Summary

I was a little sluggish, okay alot sluggish, last Sunday after the 21 miler on Saturday morning. All I had the time or energy for was a measly 4.05 miles.

On Monday I went over to where I used to live and did repeats on the .4 mile oval. I felt better than Sunday and gave 100% but my times weren't what they used to be.

On Tuesday I put in nearly 12 miles here in New Territory but wasn't worried about pace. In fact, I left the watch home.

On Wednesday Steve and I did speedwork again around the .7 mile lake path, and this time we were joined by Assynt McCleod, another Strider runner. Assynt has been running well lately and I wanted to help him take it to the next level by mixing in some speedwork. I was worried about throwing too much at him but he held up like a pro, even volunteering to lead the last repeat. After speedwork we did our customary cool-down three miles.

On Thursday I got in 7.35 miles, but again, at a comfortable pace.

On Friday I wanted to get in a few miles before the Bayou City 10K the next day but the rain prevented that. I also realized on Friday that the one element that has been missing from my training might impact what kind of race I had on Saturday. I haven't been doing any tempo runs lately and it showed on Saturday morning. I did a 38:57 but should have been faster. I will mix a few of the hardcore tempos that I'm known for and should be ready to go for the 8K in two weeks.

Finished the week with around 53 miles, second week in a row of a total like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home