Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mile Repeats Again (Ugh!)

First things first though. I did 6.7 miles this morning before work, on the loop here in New Territory because I didn't run at all yesterday due to being tired and going to bed early.

So I met Steve and Brian at 5:45 PM for our Thursday speedwork and again we did mile repeats. It was hot and sunny but no wind (I try to look on the bright side!).

We did a full mile to warm up then I took the lead for mile #1. Everything felt fine and we had a good pace going as we hit the 1/2 mile mark at 2:52. We finished the first mile in 5:48.

Steve led the 2nd mile repeat which we finished in 5:50. Brian led the third and the heat was starting to take it's toll on me. We posted a 5:54 but I was pretty spent. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do anything more. We walked our way into the route again and of course felt the pressure to do more slowly building. We decided to do the 800 that Steve and I did two weeks ago. We took off at the 1/2 mile point but my heart wasn't in it. I almost stopped when I realized that my legs were very fatigued. Guess the 6.7 this morning wasn 't the best idea but my milage is a joke this week. I dialed back the pace a bit and came in at 2:47. I came home and soaked the legs in an ice bath to speed recovery. Got a race on Saturday - wish me luck.

Total distance for Thursday (8/30) - 6.7 + 5.85 = 12.55. No time for the run this morning.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lance, racing Saturday instead of on your home turf on Monday? Well, good luck then! Steeeve

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he is going to pull a Jon Walk and do both. He's crazy.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Junie B said...

yeah waddup with dat Lance? not racing with us on Monday? Be that way then ;o)

good luck!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lance Collins said...

Still undecided about Monday. I'll be there one way or the other, even if I don't race.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home