Sunday, August 19, 2007

10 More @ Sub 7

I went out for my 10.2 mile route in my old subdivision tonight. After the long-run yesterday I had no intention of killing it tonight, just wanted to run at a comfortable but decent pace, and catch up on my podcasts. I got to the route at about 8:30 PM, planted a 10 oz bottle of ice water about 4 miles into the route, then took off.

Things felt fine throughout. I picked up the bottle I had planted, drank everything but the ice that was still in there, and kept going. I never really labored, except at the end, when I was trying to come in under 1 hour 10 minutes. I ran in some old plodder trainers but did just miss the 1:10 goal, a goal I didn't have until I was about a mile from the finish, looked at my watch and started doing the math.

Total distance Sunday (8/19) - 10.2 miles, 1:10:04 (6:52 pace).

Total milage this week - a much better 61.75 (after picking up an extra 2.95 in my mom's neighborhood last night, running with my wife for the first time ever w/o kids!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home