Thursday, August 16, 2007

Back To The Mile Repeats

It's been a couple of weeks since mile repeats, so back to the torture. This time Steve and I had to do them alone - Brian had been out of town and just gotten back so was unavailable.

Our goal was to do at least 3 mile repeats, as close to 5:50 as possible, and maybe try a fouth, depending on how we felt after the third. I led the first and got us through a little fast - around 5:45. I say around 5:45 because my watch showed 5:51 but I clicked late. Steve was wearing his Garmin and said the mile ended well before I clicked.

Steve led the second one and did just fine. We posted a 5:57 but were starting to feel the humidity. In fact, I really had no fire in me today, no eagerness to attack the course. I knew the third one would be a battle and the thought of a fourth was starting to seem pretty remote.

I led the third one and had to work to post a 6:02. Steve came in a few seconds after me and we decided to walk to the halfway point, then fire off a half-mile to close out the workout. We hit the halfway point and Steve took off, with me close behind. This felt a little better, knowing that it would be over in less than three minutes. I clocked a 2:38 (which I think is my fastest half-mile ever), and Steve was right in front of me, where he had started.

We were whipped though. Good workout.

Total distance Thursday (8/16) - 5.8 miles, repeat times: 5:45, 5:57, 6:02, 2:38

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home