Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sometimes You're The Windshield, Sometimes You're The Bug!

I don't blog much if I don't have anything positive to say and the last three weeks have not been good as far as running. The sore muscle or pulled muscle or whatever it is has continued to bother me and limited my training tremendously since running seems to worsen it. I've also been involved in replacing the ceramic tile in our kitchen and entryway. Lastly, my two boys are playing soccer now and the oldest is in Cub Scouts so my plate is more than full.

As I often say, you get out of running what you put into it and the last three weeks have not seen me able put much into it, which is unfortunate because I was doing well. The dramatically reduced training was exposed yesterday at the Tornados Cross-Country relay. I ran the third leg for the Striders Mens Masters team and I was passed by two teams we were beating. In the long-run (no pun intended), we weren't going to win anyway, since both those teams beat us by 2 minutes and I know I didn't give up that much to the two, but I still felt like I let the guys down when they saw me take off ahead of those two teams but have them come in before me.

I'm leaving town Wednesday morning for a four day fishing trip and will have no opportunity to run other than getting something in Wednesday morning before I leave and maybe late Saturday night when I get back. Given that schedule and the shape I'm in now I may have to bag the 10 miler in Clear Lake in 2 weeks. I won't race if I'm possibly going to lay an egg.

1 Comments:

Blogger TokyoRacer said...

Lance: I don't think you should run the race, but not because you are going to lay an egg. Because the sore/pulled muscle continues to hurt and running makes it worse. You should not be thinking about a race in two weeks. You should be thinking about resting (no running) until you have no pain at all, then getting back into it slowly to make sure the injury does not recur, then getting back into shape, then about three months from now, racing again.

4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home