Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Sorry

Sorry it's been one month today since I last posted. By no means have I not been training. I've been hitting it pretty good, and all outside in the heat. I don't particularly like running in the mornings so most of my runs have been from 5:15 PM to as late as 8:30 PM. In fact, there have been many nights that I intended to blog but just ran out of time once I finished my run and showered.

Not sure whether to recap in detail the past month or just hit the high spots. Or not blog about the past four weeks at all. I guess I'll just summarize each week.

Week of 6/07 (which started the day after I ran an 18:31 5K at the Heights 5K Fun Run) - Did 73.01 miles which included a 7.1 hard tempo with Brian King, 12 x 400 meter repeats at the track, and a 16 mile long-run.

Week of 6/14 - after a big milage week I rolled it back quite a bit and ran only 28.71 miles. My daughter was in town visiting all week so it was a good time to have a light week. But I did have a speedwork session (5 x .7 mile repeats) and another 16 mile long-run.

Week of 6/21 - back in the groove this week and posted 67.64 miles, including two speedwork sessions (5 x .7 mile repeats and 6 x .4 mile intervals), and a 14.20 mile long-run.

Week of 6/28 - another light week that followed a big week. I wanted to take it easy this week and have a good 5K race on Saturday (Freedom 5K in Sugar Land). Total milage was only 26.44 but I managed a nice 18:38 at the race.

Week of 7/05 so far - Did a 12.65 mile long-run on Sunday, 6.05 yesterday which included 3.82 miles at 6:31 pace, then speedwork today at Memorial Park. The speedwork was 6 x 800 meter repeats. Splits were: 2:46, 2:50, 2:48, 2:47, 2:49, 2:46. I can't remember the last time I did 800s but these really weren't very difficult for me. The sub-6 pace felt just mildly uncomfortable, and that was only the last couple hundred meters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nuke Runner said...

I don't know how you can run that well in this heat. I'd be happy with that 800 workout on a nice day in November.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home