Saturday, August 29, 2009

Remainder of This Week

This was a good week of training. On Tuesday I did 8.94 miles after work with Assynt Macleod at a comfortable 7:35 pace. Then Wednesday I did another round of speedwork, but this time with Brian King only, who is at the top of his game these days and who reset his 5K PR earlier this summer at 17:51. We also changed things up a bit and went back to the .7 mile loop around the lake here in New Territory. We did five repeats, with times of 4:02, 3:58, 4:02, 4:02 and 4:02. That was the best five rep set I've done on that course and it's August. On Thursday I got in a 3.50 mile run before work then 7.87 miles that night. Then last night I met Brian King over in Greatwood for a slow 16.2 mile long-run. Today, to close the week, I headed out for a five mile easy run but the body was too sore and the legs dead so I headed back with a 60 mile week complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home