Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Latest

Yeah, I know, it's been a few days since I posted. I mentioned before that my posts may be intermittent until I have something good to report and that hasn't changed. I had a bad race this past Saturday and am working on diagnosing the problem. My training has been on-track and my performance at the 10K Saturday morning was so off-track that it seems to be a larger problem than "just a bad day", or "need to train harder", etc. I saw a doctor for a physical yesterday morning and had blood work done. So we'll see what that shows. I suspect an iron level deficiency again though I'm taking supplements. You may be right Bez.

In the meantime I'm training as usual, with my fingers crossed that I'll have things ironed out by the 10-miler a week from Sunday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

Lance,

Let me first preface that I have absolutely no medical training whatsoever and anything said herein, is strictly for entertainment purposes.

I take a multi-vitamin each day with 18 mg of iron. In the past I've taken a women's multi-vitamin. I believe Doctors usually recommend men not to take "extra" Iron, but runners need extra iron and if you are border line anemic it's more important. It will be interesting to see the results of the blood work.

Good Luck!
Bez

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home