Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Shape Of Things

I realize I haven't blogged since last Thursday. It's because I don't have anything positive to say about my running right now and I'm going to focus on getting the train back on track. So until I do that my posts may be intermittent and brief.

At the Bearkat Bash 5K this past Saturday I posted an 18:57. Heck, I ran that fast back in early June at the Heights 5K, with considerably less training. I placed 1st in the 40-44 age group (Steve Schroeder was overall master with an 18:42) but I'm not pleased with that AT ALL.

I've done some training runs since then and am definitely focused on regaining peak performance but like I say, I probably won't have a lot to say about my training until things start heading in a positive direction again.

I am signed up for the Marathon Kickoff 5K next Thursday so we'll see if I can make any measurable improvement by then.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bezner said...

You checked your iron lately?

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It were dat log roll finish what dun you in.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Junie B said...

you fast people crack me up.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lance Collins said...

Bez,

I don't think it's the iron. I feel strong and still have good endurance, I've just lost some of my speed. I've evaluated my training and know what I need to do.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home