Saturday, April 15, 2006

Making Progress

Tonight I ran my 4.4 mile route through my neighborhood. This is the shortest route of those that I run regularly so it's a good one to gauge my race speed. Two weeks ago yesterday I ran this route in 31:06 (7:04), though I had a planned walk of about 1 minute in there. Two days later I ran this route in 29:33 (6:43 pace). With two weeks of somewhat decent training, I figured I could improve upon that time tonight.

I was faced with a pretty strong wind in my face going out but knew that I couldn't let that compromise my pace too much or I'd have a mountain to climb coming back. I typically turn a negative split on this route but didn't want to face the prospect of having to try to shave a minute off the second half. I hit the turnaround in a respectable 14:19 (6:30 pace) but felt the wind to my back as soon as I turned around. Nice. I did the return in 13:53 (6:19 pace), including a final mile of 6:17.

Total distance - 4.4 miles, time - 28:12 (6:25 pace).

Total milage for the week (so far) - 25.2.

2 Comments:

Blogger equarles said...

When's the next race? Soon?

9:09 PM  
Blogger elf said...

Good to hear that you're back at it. I can't wait to read your next race report--hopefully, it'll be soon...

Erin

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home